Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Kid Got Stuck On The Escalator

A kid's hands got caught on the escalator's handrail. It was at the bottom part of the step already. He was screaming in pain and wanting to take his hand off but his fingers were stuck. A helpful guy turned off the emergency button to stop the escalator. His mom came over to help him but to no avail. Wanting to help, I called mall guards attention. About 5 guards came over and help the little boy. In a few minutes, the boy was free. What a sigh of relief. I pitied the little boy who got stuck but there's not much that I can do but listen to his painful screams. Watching that poor little guy made me so helpless. I was thinking what if that was my little boy? I would have panicked already. The little boy's mom was at fault for not watching her little boy playing near the escalator but she was also busy tending to the boy's sister and brother. Yes the lady was bringing 3 small kids to the mall. I assume one was about 8mos. old because she was carrying him while helping out his other son who might be 3 and his big sister who's 4, I think. Part of the problem was the mother of 3 did not bring a companion to help her out watch her kid. Another problem was that the escalator was situated near a child's play zone. A mall attendant said that a lot of kids get stuck on that area. All I can say is that, always watch your kid or kids! If you can't handle them then don't bring them to the mall. Its really heartbreaking to see a kid stuck on the escalator.

No comments:

Post a Comment